Baby Bradshaw – Week 37

I’m a day late on this, having hit 38 weeks this morning, but that’s OK.

Exciting news! My OB told me that Baby Girl is very low and could come any day!

Or…it could be weeks.

So, the news isn’t really that exciting, honestly.

I’ve been feeling pretty good. 90% of the time I’m fine, the other 10% I’m begging Chris for a time machine so we can fast forward to when baby is here and I’m not pregnant anymore.

My hands are still swollen, and it’s worst at night. Sometimes I can barely close my hand enough to turn a doorknob, and they often go numb. It’s uncomfortable, but at least there is an end in sight.

Last weekend we completed a massive shopping trip at Babies R Us to get ‘everything else’ – although I’m sure there are things we’ve forgotten, or will need more of, or didn’t realize we needed. The nursery is almost finished and it’s mostly down to hanging decor on the walls.

Overall, I’m feeling pretty ready for baby to be here. I know it will be incredibly hard, but at this point I feel like I have done everything I can to prepare and we’ll just have to wing it on the rest.

Things I’m looking forward to after pregnancy

Even though I haven’t been one of those ‘earth mama’ type pregnant women who gains this cosmic perspective on life or whatever, I do have to say that pregnancy has helped me appreciate the life and body I had before getting pregnant. I am so grateful to have been able to carry this baby, but it has been HARD (even though I had an easy pregnancy). Being pregnant has made me realize the beauty in a lot of small acts and freedoms that I absolutely took for granted prior. And I can’t wait to get back to them.

1. Laying on my stomach and flat on my back
2. Curling my knees up to my chest (this is my preferred sitting position)
3. HOT baths
4. An ice cold glass of white wine
5. All the sushi
6. Pants that zip
7. Running
8. Rolling over in bed
9. Wearing my wedding ring
10. Having more clothing options
11. Being able to stop worrying about protecting my belly from the dogs.
12. Easily shaving my legs.

It really is the simple things…no?

Baby Bradshaw – Week 36

Oops! Missed Week 35.

This week my sisters in law and friends threw a gorgeous baby shower for Baby Girl – lots of yummy food and an adorable onesie making station. In general I feel pretty uncomfortable at parties thrown for me, but it was fun to celebrate with everyone and it made me realize how close we are to the end.

I finally bought a book about raising a baby, and I’ll have to do some cramming over the next few weeks. To be honest – I don’t know how to change a diaper, or bathe a baby, or anything, really. I am very much counting on instinct to kick in, but I’ll also be studying up.

Physically, I’m starting to be uncomfortable more often than not. The days are still relatively easy, but by the end of the day my back hurts and I feel stretched and exhausted. I’ve also been getting charlie horses in the middle of the night, and my hands are so swollen that it hurts to bend my fingers most of the time. Describing it makes it sound worse than it actually is. Most of the time, I feel totally normal. But there are times (right now, for instance) that my back is killing me and I just want to sleep through the next few weeks.

The nursery is really coming together, and Chris and I are planning on wrapping up everything this weekend. We have a list of what else we still need (mainly diapers and onesies) that we’ll take care of and hopefully just be able to relax for a little while before the baby comes.

Even though I don’t want to be pregnant an extra month, now that we are so close to being done it would be really nice to have an extra month of just Chris and I, before our life is turned upside down.

I haven’t developed any additional stretch marks (at least that I can see) other than the few that showed up a few weeks ago. Belly button is still an innie, feet and hands are pretty swollen though. My eyes have also been puffy – I think I’m just swollen in general. So, things are going well and I’m really just counting down.